Delivered On-Site by Heinemann-Trained Consultants
||The Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System is the most reliable, research-based resource for:
- determining students' reading levels based on the Fountas and Pinnell A–Z Text Gradient
- assessing and understanding students' reading performance
- connecting assessment to instruction.
Available for both System 1 (Grades K–2) and System 2 (Grades 3–8), Benchmark Professional Support introduces participants to the thinking behind the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System, provides training on how to administer and analyze the assessment, and helps participants understand instructional and grouping implications. Through demonstration, guided practice, and discussion, teachers learn how to:
- administer, code, and score a Benchmark reading assessment
- determine independent, instructional, and placement levels for readers using the Fountas and Pinnell A–Z Text Gradient
- analyze a child's reading performance—including reading comprehension, reading rate, and word analysis—to assess the reader's current processing system
- assess reading fluency using a rubric
- administer a variety of other literacy assessments, such as word analysis, print concepts, and reading overview
- gauge the instructional implications for both whole-group and differentiated, small-group instruction.
Benchmark Professional Support: the very best on-site training you can give your staff, for the very best assessment system available today.